Thursday, March 5, 2009

My very first knit project - Shawl


I always have this interest to knit something for myself. To me, knitting somehow seems to be a very womanly thing to do.


About 3 to 4 years ago, I enrolled and started knitting with another 2 colleagues of mine. However, sad to say, they only stayed with me for less than six months in the hobby. One of them even stopped attending classes after the very first class.

My teacher always says that knitting is an artwork. Hence, my very first piece of artwork is a shawl. As it only requires the knit and purl stitch, it is the most basic stitch for us to build up our knitting foundation. As I was a casual knitter, which means that I only knit when I feel like knitting, it took me about 6 months to complete this shawl.

The design of the shawl is actually very simple. However, due to the hot weather and fashion trend in Singapore, I had never wore the shawl before. Not even once.

Today, the shawl is sleeping in my cupboard. Guess, unless I get to travel, I will rarely get a chance to wear it.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]